"Look at the fashion shops listed. Consider target audience, price range, quality of garments and overall experience....."
- selfridges. oxford st w1.
- urban outfitters. 38 kensington high street w8
- liberty. regent st w1
- browns. 39 south molton street w1
- dover street market. 17-18 dover street w1
- hoxton boutique. 2 hoxton street
- b store. 24 a saville row
- oxfam boutique. 245 westbourne grove w11
- matches. ledbury rd w11
- topshop. oxfrod st wc1.
- bluebird. 350 kings road sw3
- the convenience store. 1a hazelwood tower w10
- start. rivington street/charlotte road e1
- acne. dover st w1
- east/north: beyond retro, absolute vintage, present, diverse, labour of love.
- online: www.farfetch.com, oki-ni.com, in-nc.com, net-a-porter.com, NJAL.
When visiting these shops, I aim to use a scoring system/questionnaire for myself to evaluate and establish the shops aesthetics and marketing plans. Their websites will also tell me about the type of shop they aim to be and the market they are competing in. Comparing their websites and stores may be a useful technique to use.